This group is for Oil & Gas Industry representatives. It is intended to assist E&P, up-stream, mid-stream and down-stream owner operators. And a great place for the contractors in all facets of the O&G industry to come share and participate.See More
1) Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
2) Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
3) Certified Safety Manager (CSM)
4) Licensed Safety Professional (LSP)
5) Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist
6) Certified Ergonomics Technician
7) Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
8) Materials Handling Safety Technician (MHST)
9) Certified NY State “Workplace Safety and Loss Prevention Consultant” (#07-0017).
10) OSHA Certified Outreach Instructors for 10 and 30 hour General Industry Standards
11) OSHA Certified Outreach Instructors for 10 and 30 hour Construction Standards
12) Forklift (Powered Industrial Truck) Instructors
13) American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructors
14) Instructor for DOT Hazardous Materials Shipping
15) “Safety Professional of the Year” Awards from both the American Society Of Safety Engineers & the WNY Safety Conference
16) Over 30 Years experience (including chemical industry, water/wastewater industry, hazardous chemical waste industry, natural gas industry, public transportation, public employees, and bio technology industry)
Safety and Health Support Services was established as a division of Quality Inspection Services, Inc., focusing on progressive safety management. We believe that safety and quality play an integral role in business and both have a direct impact on the “bottom line.” With soaring Workers’ Compensation costs, OSHA fines, the direct and indirect costs of accidents, plus world market competition, its easy to see why so many companies struggle to survive.
I work with a company called MSDSonline and if you have a second, I am curios to hear from you regarding the ype of education / training you are looking for. We could possibly help you out in this area!
Great, thanks. Our forging facility is ~3 years old with a 6500-ton press. We'd like to say we've resolved alot of safety concerns, however the ergonomics of the process is our current challenge -- the equipment, parts, & tools are all just so large and heavy that improving ergonomics is very difficult. If you have ideas or resources, I'd love to hear them.
By "Forge", does that mean your plant was or had a forging facility? The Decherd plant casts, forges, machines, & assembles and we're always looking for additional information on forging and casting operations to be better prepared for the hazards associated with those processes.
Hey, Kevin. In response to your question about where I work, I work for Nissan's powertrain (engine) plant in Decherd, TN., which is between Nashville & Chattanooga, TN. Where is the American Axle you used to work for?
At 11:44am on September 18, 2009, Ken Oswald said…
Kevin, Welcome to the safety community. I hope you find it is a wonderful network full of various safety related information through our blogs, forums and groups. We llok forward to sharing information so all can value from your knowledge and experience. Again welcome.
Kevin, welcome to the Safety Community. I hope you will find the Safety Community to be a tremendous resource to meet your goals. If you have the time, we would benefit from your knowledge and experience with Forum discussion(s).
Over the years I have come up with several of my own safety and leadership quotations that I have used in either in conferences, meetings or training sessions. Sometimes you can say just a few words and the message sticks with people for the rest of their lives. I have put below a few of my favourites that I have had success with when trying to make people accept their responsibilities and actual become actual leaders. …See More
Over the years I have come up with several of my own safety and leadership quotations that I have used in either in conferences, meetings or training sessions. Sometimes you can say just a few words and the message sticks with people for the rest of their lives. I have put below a few of my favourites that I have…See More
We all know how important it is to implement a safe environment for our employees. Creative Safety Supply offers many free safety guides, however we are looking to provide more free guides and are…Continue
Over the years I have come up with several of my own safety and leadership quotations that I have used in either in conferences, meetings or training sessions. Sometimes you can say just a few words…Continue
Sarah Chamberland has completed a Diploma in Manufacturing and testing. His responsibilities include production and safety inspection of construction equipment and also repair services for equipment.…Continue
Started by Sarah Chamberland. Last reply by Ellen Zoneth on Thursday.