Online Safety Community

Former OSHA No. 2: Fall protection rules for general industry are inconsistent and confusing; need to be changed

Views: 25

Replies to This Discussion

I think a good argument could be given in support of this claim regarding most of OSHA regulations. Is this the first time he has actually figured this out? I have an idea. How about the front line safety officer be in charge of drafting the rules?
Jay D. Rohman www.EncouragingSafety.com

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

Russel Stuart updated an event
Thumbnail

Customer Service: Giving Your Customers the R.O.Y.A.L. Treatment - Webinar by TrainHR at United States

April 30, 2014 from 10am to 11am
Overview : This webinar shares effective ways to WOW your customers so they keep coming back time after time. Effective customer service is a fine art that can be learned and employees as well as business owners can benefit from to making themselves more effective at handling customer interactions and building long-lasting relationships and lifetime customers. Why should you attend:It costs five times more to get a new customer than to keep an existing customer, and it becomes easier to sell an…See More
17 hours ago
Thumbnail

Best Practices for Successful HR Audits(HRCI - PHR/SPHR Certified) - Webinar by TrainHR at United States

April 30, 2014 from 10am to 11am
Overview: The Webinar will discuss methods to insure that employees are properly classified under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The US Department of Labor is making a concerted push to insure that employees are not improperly classified as Exempt when they should be classified as Non-exempt and thus eligible for overtime. Upon completion of this session, attendees will learn key factors that would determine how an employee is properly classified. The attendee will learn what they can safely…See More
17 hours ago
Thumbnail

Practical Tools for Coaching, Feedback, and Mentoring (HRCI - PHR/SPHR Certified) - Webinar by TrainHR at United States

April 29, 2014 from 10am to 12pm
Overview : This interactive webinar/workshop is power packed with practical tools you can use immediately as a mentor, coach, or person who gives feedback. We look at how the 2020 workplace is inviting us to change our approach as we develop people through coaching, mentoring, and feedback.  These easy-to-adapt concepts and tools will allow you to be fully present as you facilitate thought provoking dialogue with your client or employee. Most importantly, this workshop will show you how to let…See More
17 hours ago
Thumbnail

Best Practices for Dealing with Workplace Violence (HRCI - PHR/SPHR Certified) - Webinar by TrainHR at United States

April 24, 2014 from 10am to 12pm
Overview : Workplace homicide, mass murderers, "going postal,"disgruntled worker, threat assessment, zero tolerance policies… beginning in the mid-1980s, these terms entered our cultural lexicon. Initially, HR professionals along with others in the workplace were left flatfooted with respect to responding. Yet by the early 1990s, policy development, training, consultation, and assessments were part of HRM.  Since then, workplace homicides have dropped by more than 30-50% in the last 20 years.…See More
17 hours ago

Discussion Forum

Unique fall protection situation ( looking for advice) 2 Replies

Hello     I have a unique fall protection situation and I am looking for some advice from someone who has dealt with a similar situation.     I work in a warehouse and our bulk racking (full pallet…Continue

Tags: deep, rack, warehouse, distribution, double

Started by Kristina Anderson. Last reply by Kevin Moore Apr 29, 2013.

Rectratable lines 4 Replies

Is it possible to use a rectractable line with the anchor point located at the feet?I have read the manufacturers recommendations and they do not recommend this.What do you do if you do not have a…Continue

Started by Tom Trauger. Last reply by Kevin Moore Nov 28, 2010.

Ladder Safety 2 Replies

I am presenting at the Construction Safety Conference   "Ladder Accidents & Violations…an Unnecessary Expense"in Chicago in a couple of week. I am about done with my presentation and would like…Continue

Started by Jay D. Rohman. Last reply by Kelli Heflin Mar 24, 2010.

CONGRESS TURNS UP HEAT FOR OSHA 1 Reply

Following up on my last blog concerning the federal compliance of safety harnesses you use, the following article was published by Human Resource Executive Online and can be found at…Continue

Tags: violations, harnesses, safety, compliance, OSHA

Started by Mark Dennington. Last reply by Jeffrey Nichols Dec 5, 2009.

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service