Online Safety Community

Former OSHA No. 2: Fall protection rules for general industry are inconsistent and confusing; need to be changed

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

I think a good argument could be given in support of this claim regarding most of OSHA regulations. Is this the first time he has actually figured this out? I have an idea. How about the front line safety officer be in charge of drafting the rules?
Jay D. Rohman www.EncouragingSafety.com

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

Alexwood posted events
17 hours ago
complianceTrainings posted events
18 hours ago
complianceTrainings updated an event
Thumbnail

Webinar On 21 CFR 11 Compliance for Excel Spreadsheets at Canada

November 17, 2014 from 1pm to 2:30pm
In Dec. 2010, the FDA has stepped up enforcement for 21 CFR 11 compliance with spreadsheets being considered as low hanging fruit for FDA inspectional findings.Spreadsheet Applications such as MS Excel are frequently used in 21 CFR 11 compliant environments, but they were not specifically designed for regulated environments and their development is not optimized for 21 CFR 11 compliance. However, the FDA expects that spreadsheets be compliant and lack of compliance can result in a warning…See More
18 hours ago
ezcertifications posted events
19 hours ago

Discussion Forum

Unique fall protection situation ( looking for advice) 2 Replies

Hello     I have a unique fall protection situation and I am looking for some advice from someone who has dealt with a similar situation.     I work in a warehouse and our bulk racking (full pallet…Continue

Tags: deep, rack, warehouse, distribution, double

Started by Kristina Anderson. Last reply by Kevin Moore Apr 29, 2013.

Rectratable lines 4 Replies

Is it possible to use a rectractable line with the anchor point located at the feet?I have read the manufacturers recommendations and they do not recommend this.What do you do if you do not have a…Continue

Started by Tom Trauger. Last reply by Kevin Moore Nov 28, 2010.

Ladder Safety 2 Replies

I am presenting at the Construction Safety Conference   "Ladder Accidents & Violations…an Unnecessary Expense"in Chicago in a couple of week. I am about done with my presentation and would like…Continue

Started by Jay D. Rohman. Last reply by Kelli Heflin Mar 24, 2010.

CONGRESS TURNS UP HEAT FOR OSHA 1 Reply

Following up on my last blog concerning the federal compliance of safety harnesses you use, the following article was published by Human Resource Executive Online and can be found at…Continue

Tags: violations, harnesses, safety, compliance, OSHA

Started by Mark Dennington. Last reply by Jeffrey Nichols Dec 5, 2009.

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service