Online Safety Community

Hi everyone, I have been looking at safety performance measurements schemes (SPMS) and their effectiveness. I have recently been implementing a system within the Middle East that has seen performance improvements of over 40% in just over 10 months.

I would like to ask members of this group, what schemes they are using and their success within their organisations

I intend to write a paper on SPMS and will of course keep all contributors details confidential, unless they wish to have their company and themselves mentioned. The final report will be freely available to everyone who wants a copy.

Tags: improvement, international, mesurement, performance, safety

Views: 12

Replies to This Discussion

Please send me copy of report when complete. I could use all the help I can.

Thanks
Suggest you take a look at our metric, the vPSI Number, which measures how an organization responds to problems, typically when they present as accidents or incidents. It sets aside consequences of problems, no matter how tragic, and measures what the organization does to prevent reoccurrences. It also rewards not just reporting of near misses, but the resolution of the underlying problems. One interesting thing we find is that organizations who have very good traditional metrics always have a very low baseline vPSI Number. This is actually good news for them, because it is telling them that there are many opportunities for making improvements to the organization that they are currently missing. A vPSI Number over 200 demonstrates a culture of continuous improvement.

Cheers,
Norman

PS Hi Joe! You should already know about this as one of our online pre-task planning (JSA) tool users.

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

Alexwood posted events
1 hour ago
ezcertifications posted events
7 hours ago
ezcertifications posted events
yesterday
Safety Community's blog post was featured

Addressing hand protection regulations in the oil and gas industry

The oil and gas industry in the United States is in the midst of a historic boom, with employment up 40 percent since the recession began in 2007 and 60 percent since it officially ended in 2009. An additional 100 American factories, with 1 million associated jobs, are scheduled to come on line by 2017.However, the vast majority of jobs in the oil and gas industry carry risks far beyond the typical workplace. ISHN magazine addresses the need for hand protection regulations in the oil and gas…See More
Friday

Discussion Forum

Newly Revised Z10 Safety Management Standard -- ANSI Z10-2012

The Z10 standard provides an overall blueprint for widespread benefits in health and safety, as well as in productivity, financial, performance, quality and other organizational/business objectives.…Continue

Started by Cory Zielke Sep 26, 2012.

Global Leaders in EHS & Q

I am a consultant for this company: www.intelex.comGreat application that manages everything Environment Health Safety and Quality.Message if you would like to…Continue

Started by Avi Feb 1, 2012.

Would you like to represent an international association ISQEM as one of our Directors?

Invitation to apply for ISQEM Director This is your chance to raise you own professional profile in the HSQE industry by becoming a Director of ISQEM, and help increase our membership worldwide. If…Continue

Started by Wayne Harris May 7, 2011.

Equipment maintenance and inspection programmes

We recently developed a range of equipment tagging and inspection systems for equipment including ladders, forklifts, scaffolding, MEWPs, scaffold towers, harnesses, racking etc and I hoped I could…Continue

Tags: checklist, tagging, systems, management, inspections

Started by Good to Go Safety Apr 23, 2010.

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service