OSHA invites interested parties to participate in informal stakeholder meetings on the workplace hazards of combustible dust. OSHA plans to use the information gathered at these meetings in developing a proposed standard for combustible dust.
OSHA believes the stakeholder meeting discussion should center on major issues such as:
• Possible regulatory approaches
• Organization of a prospective standard
• The role of consensus standards
• Economic impacts
• Additional topics as time permit
The December 14, 2009, meetings will be held at the Marriott at Metro Center, 775 12th Street, N.W., Washington, DC, 20005. The 2010 meeting dates and locations will be announced in one or more subsequent notices.
Dates/Times for the stakeholder meetings are:
• December 14, 2009, at 9 a.m., in Washington, DC
• December 14, 2009, at 1 p.m., in Washington, DC
• Additional meetings are planned for early 2010, and will be announced in
one or more subsequent notices.
Submit your notice of intent to participate in one of the scheduled or future stakeholder meetings with the following weblink:
• Electronic. Register at