Online Safety Community

We go into several mines... surface mostly but some underground to work on scales. Because of that, we are considered miners from what I understand and have to have training plans for parts 46 and 48 and get my guys trained. Does anyone have any online resources for this???

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

www.globalminetraining.com.au, Have a look at this site it may provide some of what you need
I don't know if this will be of any use Heather
http://www.mine-safety.com/

Welcome
About Us
Onsite Training
Safety Programs
Safety Meeting Videos
Printed Material
Task Training Series
Computer Based Training
Online Safety Meetings
Class Schedule
Links
Contact Us

Mine Safety Training, Inc. provides the most thorough and up-to-date training available for workers involved in the mining industry, from the simplest safety meeting to the most technical comprehensive training. Our classroom training and customized on-site field training classes meet and exceed MSHA requirements and are taught by a team of experienced Certified Mine Safety Professionals. The instructional materials, from concept to delivery, are produced in-house and are available in printed form as well as VHS, CD, DVD and Computer Based Training Programs. Our team has taught over 10,000 people from all over the United States, as well as Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia and Japan.

We look forward to working with you in achieving your safety training goals!

Product Descriptions

Safety Meeting Videos: The safety meeting videos make training your personnel easy and cost effective. The topics are all mining related. Each safety meeting video comes complete with instructor guide, quiz and sign in sheet. The following is a partial list of safety meeting videos:

Attitude
Blasting
Battery Safety
Fire Extinguishers
Heat Hazards
Oxygen/Acetylene Safety
Pre-shift Inspection
Workplace Inspection
Task Training Series: Mine Safety Training has developed a series of task training videos with accompanying employee handbooks for specific tasks in the mining industry, which when used properly by a competent person will help a mining company meet the MSHA 30 CFR Part 46 requirements for task training. Each task training series gives the instructor the basic information needed to instruct the mine employee on a particular task and also gives information on other jobs that may be considered closely related to the task or that companies may consider part of the original task. The following is a partial list of the task training series:

Haul Truck Operator
Front End Loader Operator
General Laborer
Backhoe/Excavator Operator
Maintenance/Welder/Machine Person
Computer Based Training: The computer based training program is a self-paced interactive learning tool. It presents information and tests knowledge about a particular subject. Progression and successful completion of each course are determined by the appropriate response entered for each question. The following is a partial list of our computer-based training:

HazCom
What Would You Do?
Conveyor Safety
Escape From A Fire
Hazard Recognition
Customized Training: Mine Safety Training offers customized, on-site training. We work one on one with companies to customize training to meet individual training needs. The following is a partial list of our customized training:

New Miner Training
Annual Refresher Training
Crane Training
Confined Space
Conveyor Safety
Defensive Operator
National Safety Council Defensive Driving
Plant Maintenance Electrical Training
Train-the-Trainer (Competent Person)
Equipment Train-the-Trainer
Training Programs: Mine Safety Training offers several training programs that you would need to complete your training classes. The training programs are self contained including videos (or DVDs), class outlines, instructor training guide, quizzes and training certificates.

Printed Material: Mine Safety Training offers printed materials to supplement your training. Currently, we offer Annual Refresher Training Books, New Miner First Day Training Books and Task Training Books on the following tasks: Haul Truck Operator, Front End Loader Operator, General Laborer, Backhoe/Excavator Operator, Maintenance/Welder/Machine Person.

Disponible en español.

If you encounter any problems with this web site, please e-mail webmaster@mine-safety.com.

Mine Safety Training, Inc.
PO Box 475 - Jasper, GA 30143
706-253-2677 • 1-866-200-7411

Copyright © 2001-2009 Mine Safety Training, Inc. All rights reserved. Web Development and Hosting by GhostNet, Inc.
this looks great thanks!!!

Does anybody know where I can find a sample/template for MSHA "wet pit rock quarry? Program/Manual?

Thanks!

Luke

RSS

Take our poll!

Take our poll!

Latest Activity

complianz world posted events
yesterday
Adam Fleaming posted events
Tuesday
Ken Oswald posted a blog post

EARTHQUAKE SAFETY TIPS

EMAIL VERSION WITH PHOTOS AVAILABLE IF YOU EMAIL ME THANKSkeno@plateautel.com *** Disaster Preparedness Safety Alert Bulletin ***Earthquake Safety Awareness                        With a recent 6.0 major earthquake this weekend centered in Napa California and other smaller quakes in August in Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, Tennessee and Oklahoma it is a good time for reminder of what to do during an earthquake. Federal, state, and local emergency management experts and other official preparedness…See More
Monday
Profile IconRonald Meulendijks, KRISHNAMURTHY KANAMPALLE and FRANK KWABENA joined Online Safety Community
Monday

Forum

Images related to safety 22 Replies

Continue

Started by Arnold Brame. Last reply by Arnold Brame Aug 22.

Handheld Medical Devices - The Next Revolution in Healthcare? 1 Reply

IntroductionHandheld devices are light-weight and compact devices that can be operated holding it in your hands. Handheld medical devices are available for medical information, used by physicians,…Continue

Tags: device, healthcare, fda, training, devices

Started by John Robinson. Last reply by Arnold Brame Aug 16.

What's your favorite motivational/safety quote? 75 Replies

Favorite Motivational Quote: If you want something, you'll find a way - If not, you'll find an excuse.Favorite Safety Quote: Don't learn safety by accident!Continue

Started by Michelle Sears. Last reply by Arnold Brame Aug 14.

How do you evaluate absorbent products? 1 Reply

How do you evaluate absorbent product and decide which ones you want to use?I ask because there's talk at our company of switching from our current product to one like SpillFix or something from MOP…Continue

Started by John Davids. Last reply by Jim Reck Jul 29.

How to Choose Safety Products 11 Replies

What are the things which need to keep in mind while selecting and ordering safety products for commercial usage.  Definitely it is a long term investment and moreover safety of your staff depends…Continue

Tags: equipments, products, safety

Started by Kay J. Sharp. Last reply by Arnold Brame Jul 24.

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Safety Community.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service